Monday, December 15, 2008

And its finally here..


Dec 15, 2007
1 year of Marriage! I never thought this day would come by so fast..but it did, and it flew!!






To me it seems people hide things on here pretending that there lives are perfect or that they never struggle. You could also accuse me of doing so, and I will not fight you, but I am here to say, no I’m not living in a fairly tale. My life is not all roses. Jason does plenty of things that really get under my skin. But through out this year I have realized I married him for some pretty good reasons and I need to learn to pick my battles. Is it really that big of a deal if he doesn't wash the dishes the way I like? Or that he thinks he is always right? Is it worth a screaming match? No.I don’t know about you, but for me I like to be in control of things. Well who am I kidding? I like to be in control of everything. Unfortunately, Jason doesn’t like to give up all of that control. Sometimes that leads to an argument. If he would just realize I am always right, things would work out so much better! But since that’s probably not going to happen any time, I’ve decided to take a new approach. Compromise. And instead of constantly nagging about all the things that drive me crazy, I’ve decided to be more conscious of the things I love. Jason is not perfect and neither am I, but he’s all mine. And I consider myself to be pretty lucky to have him. Sometimes with our lives, we forget to stop and smell the roses. I know that’s an old cliche, but have you ever actually stopped to smell the roses? You can smell a rose right now, right? And do you remember how beautiful the sun is as it sets? You’re envisioning it now aren’t you? We tend to forget about the beautiful things until somebody actually points them out to us. Well you live 24/7 (for the most part) with your spouse. Nobody knows him better then you. So it’s up to you to remind yourself of the good things. Remember why you got married and why you stay married. Remember why you get a big smile on your face and why your heart skips a beat when you see him. Don’t forget to appreciate the little things. And don’t forget to recognize the reasons you love your spouse. Because I know I love mine more then I could ever tell you.






Happy Anniversary My Cuddle bug...

6 comments:

Jannifer said...

Oh cute. I totally agree with you though, you have to pick and choose your battles, if I didn't do that me and Nate would be fighting constantly because we are both so bull headed. ha But I love him more than anything. They do say the first year is the worse-you got through it. ha Anyways happy anniversary!

The Rusty Well said...

What you said is all so true.. We all could be better at loving our spouses... I have learned to try and see the good things and things run so much smoother.

P.S Happy Anniversary!!!

Daniel and Savannah Jensen said...

What a cute post! Happy anniversary! And I am glad I am not the only one who has to be in total control lol! But you're right, most the time I get upset it's over stupid things that don't matter anyways!

Callan and Jaci said...

Aww.. that was so cute. I agree, marriage isnt always a walk in the park, but its so fun and so worth it!! The first year is definently the hardest. Since then I think we have learned how we work together and it has been close to PERFECT! Happy Anniversary :)

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a sweet blog and thank you for helping point out to me and obviously others that we need to appreciate more and pick and choose what we want to argue about. Not only are you a lucky girl to be with Jason, he's also a lucky guys!;) Congrats!!

The Ahlins said...

Thank you so much everyone!