Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Want To Hear A Love Story?

2007..right after he asked me to marry him
So while I am young and still remember I want to right down our love story and the day that we got married. Im sure it won’t be as interesting to you as it is to me but here it is.



I was only 17 years old, or young you could say. I was at a very difficult point in my life. I had just broken up with a long time boyfriend. A very hard decision I had to make and at this point I was wondering if I had made the right one. I was about to graduate high school and move out with my best friend. Still I felt very lonely. Getting married was very important to me, I felt like it was going to be the most important decision in my life.



I had a vision in my head of him. He was going to be tall, dark hair, very distinguished and lawyerly (whatever that means). He would be thoughtful, ambitious and most of all he would make the gospel the center of his life. He would be good to the core and a great husband and father.



I wasn't the most beautiful girl, just ok cute. So I obviously wasn't on the radar of those with style, money, and class. But I felt I had lots inside that would make me a good mother, wife and partner.



We had happened to go to a get together were Jason was at. He had introduced himself to us (I laughed because he introduced himself as a gentleman, shaking my hand, and still laugh about it) as we walked out the door, I began telling Jessica (remember she is my friend) that I thought he was really cute. I already had a little crush on him. Time went by, I had moved up to Orem and was having a blast staying up all night and meeting new people. I was no where near wanting to get married at this point. I had got Jason’s number from Jessica; actually I just stole his number out of her phone but still the same concept. I had text him a couple of times only getting the response of “Who is this” both times..oh the awkwardness. So I let the fact of ever going out with him subside.



Then, like a ray of sunshine and bolt of lightning all rolled up into one, he happened in my life..........



I had got a text from Jason Ahlin..call it Jr.High but I was bouncing off the wall with excitement. We were to go on a date the very next day………to be continued.

2 comments:

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

Cute! I love Love stories...when I was a freshman in college I wrote mine and Blake's...but lost it! So I have been wanting to re-write it all. And brainstorm of everything that has happened! Good luck in your writing...it's amazing how one guy can change your thoughts and life around :)

Jannifer said...

I love it! I feel like I'm reading a romance novel, can't wait to read the rest.