Sunday, April 19, 2009

The life of a farmer...

...or the farmers wife. or the story of OUR lifes as farmers.

Jason has recently just picked up another hobby. A.I.ing {artificial insemination} We set out early saturday morning to A.I. the cows. Jason got a little fraustrated with the first couple trys..he broke the metal insert thingy in half {anger issues..maybe?} but from there on out he did wonderful.

Herding the cows {thats the scary part}

Getting all suited up to..enter

Almost ready......sorry for the graphic picture but thats what he does {goes inside and oh my is it nasty in real life}

What a stud muffin

The whole crew

Jason thought this was funny {I am really sorry again for the graphic pics}

Bodys covered in poo, sunburnt faces and necks, tired and hungary, bruised knees.. but it was such a wonderful day. I love being a farmer. Today that is.

3 comments:

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

I'm glad you like being a farmer...or the wife. I couldn't handle it! The farmer part...that is!

The stevensons said...

YAY! we should have an A.I party! Thats what I do for my dads cows :)

Anonymous said...

Well Meg so you are not so much of a city girl as I thought. You make me laugh I was really hoping that there would be a picture of you on here when you fed cows last week:) I want you to know that you are a great person and I am going to miss your crazy stories!! Keep in touch ok!